ADC Drums are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy explains how we treat your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- (b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and ADC Drums on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, specifically, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- (e) any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both 'session' cookies and 'persistent' cookies on our website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your account user name, regional choice, currency choice) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, the BBC website can provide website visitors with local weather reports or traffic news by storing a cookie for the region in which that website visitor is currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages visited. They may also be used to provide services the visitor has asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools\Internet Options\Privacy, and selecting 'Block all cookies' using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ADC Drums. For instance, if you refuse to accept First-Party cookies on our website then the shopping basket will not work and you will not be able to buy anything!
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website.
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website.
- (d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;.
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- (g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- (h) send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We do not store any details of payment card information and have no access to your payment card information.
However, we are obliged to inform you that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Although we are confident that the encrypted payment systems we employ are at the time of writing, near impossible to crack, it is feasible that in the future hackers will find a way around this. This of course will affect every shopping website on the internet including ADC Drums. In such an event, our website will be shut down upon notification by our payment processing partners that it is universally no longer secure to take payment on the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential and we will never ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time after opting in to receiving marketing information from us.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.