Remo Silentstroke Tom Pack 10-12-16″
- 70 Percent quieter than acoustic heads
- Single-ply mesh material offers an acoustic response feel
- Low volumes for a perfect external electronic drum trigger application
- Greatly reduced volume levels are perfect for quiet practice sessions
- Extremely versatile, can be used as quiet heads or for electronic hybrid kits
- Drum Head Sizes: 10”, 12”, 16”
- Construction: Single-Ply Film
- Film Type: Mesh
- Drum Head Type: Rack Tom / Floor Tom
- Remo Silentstroke 10” Drum Head
- Remo Silentstroke 12” Drum Head
- Remo Silentstroke 16” Drum Head
Mesh drum heads are all the rage for home-practice and Remo Silentstroke drum heads can reduce the sound of your acoustic drums by 70-80%!
Remo actually make the drum heads for (the horrifically expensive) Roland electronic drum sets, so it seemed obvious to produce a drum head under their own brand name which would attenuate the volume of acoustic drums. However, unlike the Roland mesh heads, the Remo Silentstroke are only 1-ply and therefore, not really ideal for acoustic-electronic conversions. They will respond to externally mounted triggers, but if you’re thinking about using them with internally mounted triggers, then you really need a 2-ply head, minimum (better to use 3-ply for most accurate triggering).
Like we say, Remo Silentstroke are designed for acoustic drums and when fitted to the batter-sides, they will not only make your drum set home/neighbour-friendly, but they also feel really good to play. If you go the extra mile and fit them top and bottom on your Snare and Toms, you will need neighbours with the hearing of a bat to generate noise complaints!